|Eloise with Ugandan Olympian Julius Achon who will be running the Sutherland to Surf for Love Mercy.|
With the race only days away, follow these tips for optimal pre-race prep for runners and walkers:
How you fuel your body is crucial for performance in a running race. Be sure to allow yourself good, slow release carbohydrates 24 hours before the race. I usually have a rice or pasta meal (with tomato based sauce) with salad or vegetables. Hydrate by drinking at least 1.5L of water a day.
For a morning race I will always have a couple of pieces of toast and half a banana to keep me well fuelled for what’s ahead. If you find you can’t stomach anything before running then experiment with GU gels in your training. Have just one before the race as this will help fuel your muscles when you start to deplete your glycogen stores.
For those that sign up to run with the Love Mercy Foundation we will have a FREEbreakfast waiting for you at the finish line! Grab some awesome 97% sugar free The Muesli to refuel your body after your effort. There is something for the kids too with coloring, balloons and face painting. We will also draw our major prizes including a Crust Pizza night for the highest fundraising team thanks to Crust Cronulla and announce the winner of a trip for two to Fiji. Look out for the Digerati – lets make a website car at the finish line!
1. Limited parking available in John Davey ave and Superba ave for access to the finish line
2. Finish line breakfast is located in Don Lucas Reserve. Look out for the green t-shirts
3. Breakfast will be served from 8-11am
4. Arrive at Shire PTC after 7am. We will start the formalities at 7:30am sharp.
5. Relax and enjoy your day as you help bring healthcare to remote northern Uganda!